Pages

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Face in Products..

You may have seen on my twitter recently that i went a little shopping mad and got myself a gigantic haul. This means lots of new products to test out and review. I decided the only way to do it was to test them out in a face of the day type way. So I shall apply make up in the mornings take a pic and document on in later in the day!
Today's face of the day products look like this.



I have the makeup revolution concealer palette, benefit theyre real mascara, ELF blush&contour -today i only used the contour part. makeup revolution brow kit, makeup revolution cream blush, ELF lip balm, ELF mineral foundation and finally The Balm overshadow.
My make up for today is very natural looking and minimal, If you had asked me beforehand I'd of never guessed that I had used this many products!
First up is how it all looked on me, now I don't claim to be a supermodel or even a regular one so dont judge harshly.....


Ill start with foundation well sort of  im not going to review this right now this was my first day with it and im 95% sure that I didnt use it right, I have never used a mineral foundation before and I dont think the ancient Kabuki brush I used was right for the job. Im going to continue to use this and give my review at the end of my face of the day series.
Second up is my mascara Benefit Theyre real. If anyone has read my guest post for a scottish lass  they will know that I am a super fan of this mascara It is my holy grail of beauty products mostly because I look extraordinarily weird without mascara but other reasons include, I was blessed/cursed with short,straight blonde eyelashes and no other mascara I have ever used has made me look like a have normal people eyelashes.So this one is a definite daily staple for me and lives in my handbag for always!

Next up keeping with the eyes in TheBalm overshadow in If your rich I'm single! ( what a fantastic name!) This is a loose powder and the colour is a wonderful bronze type colour. I'll add in a close up swatch of this, It is pretty pigmented so if using be careful to use just a little and then build from there to your desired look. I love the sparkle that this gives and it can be used (lightly) for both day and night looks. I also love the packaging on this Its tidy and has a lovely vintage illustration which makes me feel like im going to turn into a beautiful pin up girl from using this :)
Next up is the brow kit, I have already done a review on this, the cream blush and concealer palette in my make up revolution haul. so instead of reviewing it all again ill just link to that blog post here
I really liked the brow kit, really really liked the concealer and love love loved the cream blush! well done makeup Revolution.
The lip balm is in mellow melon from Eyes Lips Face. I was reccomended this by ELFUK's twitter page I was buying stipple brushes and wanted to add a treat product to my order. Well thank you guys I am not disappointed. Its a really lovely soft lip balm very moisturizing with a nice shine. the shade is lovely and its great that it has an added SPF15.
Finally I used the contouring section of the contouring blush & bronzer in shade St.Lucia.
I liked it I was slightly worried the bronzer would be too dark for me but it looked good when I put it on. I used this under my cheekbones to add some shape to my face! Im really excited to try the blush part out next.


Hope you enjoyed my face of the day products post. I'll be doing a few more of them, at least until I work through all of my products that need to be trialed. hope you will follow me on twitter @clareken86 to keep up to date with all my blogposts. Im also on bloglovin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com